Historic Building Permits project
Architect? Cost? Date? Launched Nov 2011, our ongoing Vancouver Building Permits 1901-1921 database, currently contains 30,861 hand-transcribed searchable historic permits, with thanks to a Vancouver125 Grant for making the project launch possible. permits.heritagevancouver.org
Dec 4: AGM & Christmas Party at Roedde House Museum
Jan 22: Secrets of the Penthouse Night Club
Remembering WW1: The Vancouver Homefront
Sept 14: WW1: Walking Tour: A Soldier's Journey, Home Front to Front Line
Oct 5: WW1: The Homefront – Our Town, WW1 Activities in South Hill
Oct 8: WW1: Behind the Scenes at Beatty St. Drill Hall
Nov 2: WW1: Vancouver's WW1 Commemorative Places Bus Tour
Walking tours have finished for 2014
AGM & Heritage Vancouver's
Annual Christmas Party
Thursday, December 4, 2014 ; 6:30pm to 9:00pm
AGM 6:30pm–7pm; Party 7pm–9pm
Roedde House Museum, in the West End at 1415 Barclay Street
Join Heritage Vancouver on Thursday, December 4th for our Annual General Meeting and Christmas Party. This year's AGM which begins at 6:30pm will be governed by bylaws passed at our 2011 AGM. All members in good standing are entitled to vote.
After the AGM, we welcome members, friends, supporters, and anyone interested in finding out more about Heritage Vancouver to our Christmas Party from 7-9pm.
This evening is an opportunity to celebrate the season with old friends and colleagues at the historic Roedde House Museum, which will be decorated for a Victorian style Christmas.
Come and bring your favourite appetizer, nibbles, or dessert and join in the festivities of the season. Wine will be provided.
Secrets of the Penthouse Night Club: Heritage Vancouver evening
Thursday, January 22, 2015
Presented by Heritage Vancouver, Forbidden Vancouver, and The Penthouse Night Club
Tickets on sale starting December 11
Forbidden Vancouver and Heritage Vancouver Society present, 'Secrets of the Penthouse' Thursday, January 22.
A unique guided tour inside the Penthouse nightclub by owner Danny Filippone, author Aaron Chapman and ex-VPD Grant McDonald.
If you've been to one of Heritage Vancouver Society’s Penthouse tours in the past, you're in store for something new!
Hear first hand from Grant McDonald, the retired VPD cop who raided the Penthouse in the 60's and 70's. Grant even worked undercover in the club to infiltrate crime bosses.
Tickets will be on sale from December 11.
Past events – listing
• Opsal Steel Building - Preview Tour
• West End Plan and Heritage - Discussion
• Conversation with Brian Jackson, Director of Planning CoV
• Annual Garden Party Fundraiser
• Our 1st Annual Self-Guided Garden Tours in 2012
• Howard Hughes at the Bayshore tours
• 100th Anniversary of the Stanley Park Pavilion & the Rock Garden
• A Night of Tiki at the Waldorf Hotel & Bar
• Heritage Vancouver Society & the Vancouver Heritage Foundation: A Conversation about new Strategic Alliances
• Wing Sang Building (1889) Tour & Fundraiser
• Heritage & the Arts – Inaugural Long Table Social
• 2011 Top 10 Endangered Sites Bus Tour
• Art Deco Movie Screening of 42nd Street, hosted by Dal Richards
• Robert Fung’s Gastown – Tour and Reception
• Walking Tour - Strathcona, Vancouver's Old East End
• Walking Tour - Chinatown
• Walking Tour - Hippie Kitsilano
• Walking Tour - Vancouver’s West End
• The Exotic World of Art Deco World’s Fairs
• Tour of the Art Deco Marine Building & Penthouse (1930)
• The Future of Vancouver's Historic Theatres Discussion
• Shanghai and Miami - The Exotic World of Art Deco
• Robert Fung Gastown Tour & Reception
• Heatley Block Discussion
• The Penthouse Nightclub tour/event with Vintage Burlesque
• Our Annual Top Ten Endangered Sites bus tour (Annually, in May)
• Density Bank and Heritage Incentives Discussion
• EcoDensity Forum
• Japantown Forum
• Annual Christmas Party at Roedde House Museum
• Bowling at the Historic Commodore Lanes
• Various Community Speakers on Heritage Issues
• Walking Tour - Hastings Street