Climb aboard a Transit Museum Society (TRAMS) historic bus for an exclusive guided tour of Heritage Vancouver’s 2017 Top10 Endangered Sites!
Since 2001, Heritage Vancouver has published this well-regarded list annually on the most endangered sites in Vancouver. It details in depth the threat to, the significance of, and our position on these at risk resources and is the product of countless hours of work by dedicated volunteers and staff.
We have two number ones on our list this year –Neighbourhood Character andChinatown – which are two of the fivehistoric urban landscapes on the list
Our 2017 Top10 Watch list is:
1. Character Homes & Neighbourhood Character: Historic Urban Landscapes
1. Chinatown: Historic Urban Landscapes
3. David Lloyd George School: Vancouver Schools
4. Celtic Shipyards: Landmarks
5. Simon Fraser Annex: Vancouver Schools
6. Sinclair Centre: Landmarks
7. False Creek South: Historic Urban Landscapes
8. Wallace Crescent Houses: Special Streetscapes
9. Powell Street Area (Nihonmachi or ‘Japantown’): Historic Urban Landscapes
10. Lawn Bowling Clubs and Greens: Historic Urban Landscapes
To read more about these sites, click here.
Well-respected author, heritage expert and consultant Donald Luxton will be the tour guide and he will fascinate you with stories and details of this year’s endangered sites.
You’ll see and hear first hand, Vancouver’s most threatened sites and issues while riding along on a historic bus around town!
Please consider supporting our ongoing work on the top 10 list as well as our other initiatives to build a future for heritage in Vancouver by becoming a Heritage Vancouver member. Members enjoy a discounted rate!
Sunday June 18, 2017; 1:00pm to 5:00pm
Meet in front of the Museum of Vancouver,
1100 Chestnut Street at Vanier Park
Tickets: $40; Heritage Vancouver Members $30
Cheque payment option
Made out to Heritage Vancouver Society and mailed to:
PO Box 74123, Hillcrest Park PO, Vancouver, BC V5V 5C8
Please let us know if you’ve mailed a cheque at: firstname.lastname@example.org
AIBC Credits: 4 Non-Core LUs